Purpose of the committee
The powers of the Joint Area Committee comprise:
- Determining priorities for the Local Highway Improvement Initiative, having regard to the budget available.
- Consider and advise on the need for traffic management, parking, regulation, cycle and pedestrian schemes of more than local significance, and the results of consultations, having regard to available resource.
- Advise the County Council and City Council on on-street and off-street parking charges.
- Advise on priorities for Section 106 funding for traffic management and other transport schemes
- Determining objections relating to Traffic Regulation Orders of significance, when referred by the relevant member or officer under the County Council’s scheme of delegation.
- Resolving detailed design issues for traffic management proposals
There are no scheduled meetings
Location: To be finalised